What is an Infographic?
Infographics are a popular trend in business. But what exactly is an infographic?
We define it as an artistic representation of data and information—using elements such as graphs, icons, diagrams, short bits of text and the like.
A well done infographic tells a story. It communicates complex ideas in an easy to understand format.
Great times to use an infographic include:
- Making comparisons. For example, comparing 2014 profits to 2015 profits.
- Presenting survey results. Lot of people have trouble understanding numbers. Infographics make it easier!
- Explaining a complex idea. How does photodynamic therapy work to treat cancer?
- Showing how something works mechanically. How does a photo scanner work?
- When trying to raise awareness. How many people a year stay healthy thanks to annual check ups?
- Sharing interesting facts. There are more lifeforms living on your skin than there are people on the planet. Really!
The ability to communicate a complex idea quickly and simply is a benefit for any business.
Need help designing a powerful infographic? Contact us!
[Pictured Above: Infographic for the Philly Bike Expo.]